My modest harvest took place today under ideal conditions. Three varieties were picked. First, Pinot Noir. Nicely ripe, about 10% of berries affected by rot. Bacchus: unfortunately not very much, but the berries were in perfect condition and tasted great. Then Phoenix, a heavy cropper, but about 50% of the berries were affected by botrytis and other fungi: heavy rain had caused some to split, which led to disaster.
Because of the amount of rot, I had to hand destem all the healthy berries. For the first time, I used a little sulfur dioxide for the white in case there is any laccase present from the rot (although I tried not to let any rotten berries through my draconian selection). Quantities are tiny, of course, so it will be interesting to see whether anything drinkable results.