An attractive Gamay from a new appellation: Bourgogne Gamay

This is an appealing, fruity, vibrant Gamay that comes from a new appellation, Bourgogne Gamay, created in 2011. It’s Gamay from Fleurie, Chénas and Régnié, plus 15% Burgundy Pinot Noir. The Louis Latour wines are always so beautifully packaged, but sometimes they can be a little lacklustre. This is a good one, though.

Louis Latour Bourgogne Gamay 2011 Burgundy, France
Lovely vibrant juicy cherry fruit nose with some sappy greenness. Juicy and rounded with sweet cherry fruit on the palate, as well as some raspberry bite, and a bit of tannic grip. Very enjoyable. 89/100 (£9.99 Majestic, but £8.99 on a multibuy deal)

1 comment to An attractive Gamay from a new appellation: Bourgogne Gamay

  • Charles Mutter

    Am I the only one that finds the name of this appellation depressing? It’s clearly 85% Beaujolais, and the remaining 15% Pinot Noir quite possibly grown there too – J-P Brun’s Pinot Noir is delicious, but he’s not allowed to call it Beaujolais.
    I can’t imagine this does Beaujolais’s reputation any favours – this seems more like “if it’s good, it must be Burgundy”!

Leave a Reply




You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>